What is the Cherry Gift Card Program?
“THE GIFT CARD PROGRAM is an awesome fundraiser because it makes so much money for Cherry but does’t cost me a penny!”
– A wise Cherry parent
Purchase monthly gift cards from Cherry Preschool and Cherry will earn up to 10% at no cost to you.
- A variety of cards are available such as: Jewel, Mariano’s, Whole Foods, Sam’s Club, Starbucks, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Peapod, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Home Depot, Gap, Williams Sonoma, Amazon.com and many, many more!!
- You may increase or decrease your order, change the stores you order from, ask us to skip your order for a month (or longer) or cancel your order completely at any time during the year.
- Gift cards are distributed on the 3rd Monday of each month. Please refer to the school calendar for exact dates.
- Payment is withdrawn on the date of distribution, not before. Cherry will withdraw the amount monthly and automatically.
Every participant makes a difference. Consider: if every Cherry family purchased a $200 gift card monthly, that would equal $24,000 of FREE MONEY for Cherry!
How to SIGN UP:
Fill out the Enrollment Contract/order form and drop it off in the Gift Card Mailbox at Cherry Preschool in the front lobby.
Enrollment forms for monthly or one-time orders are on the wall just to the left of Cherry Preschool’s entrance and will be showing up in your child’s cubby/backpack soon!
You can place your order online via www.shopwithscrip.com. Create a family account and enter Cherry Preschool’s enrollment code: Enrollment Code: 82B48BL229794 .
Contact the Gift Cards chairperson at email@example.com if you need help placing an order or changing your current order.
Fill out the Cherry Gift Card Program Enrollment Contract
Fill out the One-Time or Special Gift Card Order Form
Which Stores Participate?
Please see the vendor lists for Great Lakes Scrip for the complete list.
Gift Card Distribution Dates 2017-18
- Monday, September 18, 2017
- Monday, October 16, 2017
- Monday, November 20, 2017
- Monday, December 18, 2017
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Monday, March 19, 2018
- Monday, April 16, 2018
- Monday, May 21, 2018
- Monday, June 18, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions.
How do the gift cards work?
Simply keep the cards in your wallet and use them instead of your cash, check, or credit card to pay for your groceries at the register. You may combine two or more gift cards to pay your bill, or you may pay part of the bill with gift cards and the rest with cash, check, or credit card. With gift cards, you don’t have to worry about getting change. The card will simply retain any unused balance for your next trip to the store. To help you keep track of how much money is left on your partially used gift cards, we place a sticker on each card for you to write in the remaining balance. The remaining balance on the last card used for a purchase will also be shown at the bottom of your register receipt.
Are there restrictions on when or how I spend my Gift Cards?
You may use your card to pay for prescriptions. You may not use your card to pay for other gift cards sold in the stores.
Do the Gift Cards expire?
Most cards are good for a period of one year.
My cash flow is tight. How can I participate in the Cherry Gift Card Program?
One very good thing about Cherry Gift Cards is that we will never cash your check or post an auto-debit to your account until on or after the Gift Card distribution day. That means that your money will stay in your account until the time that your Gift Cards are available for you to use at the store. We are thrilled to have you participate at any level, and we don’t mind small orders or frequent order changes.
How do I pay for my Cherry Gift Cards?
- Auto-debit: This is the preferred payment method. With auto-debit, you agree to let Cherry Preschool debit the amount of your Cherry Gift Card order from your checking or savings account each month. To help you remember to balance your checkbook, we include an auto-debit reminder notice with your Gift Card order each month. Auto-debits will be posted to your account on or after the distribution date each month.
- Monthly check: Either submit a check by the 15th of the month or submit any number of post-dated checks throughout the year. Checks should be made payable to “Cherry Preschool” and dated the 15th of each month. Checks may be mailed to the school or left in the Cherry Gift Card mailbox just outside the school’s office. As with the auto-debit option, we will include a reminder notice with your Gift Card order each month to help you remember to balance your checkbook. When we have used the last post-dated check that you had given us, we will remind you to send more.
We do not accept credit cards for payment. The credit card fees would keep us from earning anything from your purchase.
How do I get my Gift Cards?
If we have received your payment by the distribution date:
- For families of students, Cherry Gift Cards will be placed in the cubby/backpack of your oldest child currently at Cherry unless you notify us hold it for you in the school office.
- If we have NOT received your payment by the distribution date, Gift Cards will be held in the office for you to pick up when you bring in your payment. We will place a reminder note in your child’s cubby/backpack, but it is your responsibility to pick up your Gift Cards from the office. For security reasons, we can only put Gift Cards in a cubby/backpack on the distribution date.
- For alumni and summer families, Gift Cards will be delivered to your home within 3 days of the distribution date. If you prefer to pick up your Gift Cards at Cherry each month, please notify us. Alumni orders must be paid on time in order to receive home delivery. Please consider paying by either auto-debit or post-dated checks so that your home delivery is not interrupted. If we have not received your payment by the distribution date, we will notify you, and you will be responsible for picking up your Gift Card(s) at the school when you bring in your payment.
Can I change or cancel my Cherry Gift Card order?
Yes! You may sign up for, increase, decrease, or cancel Gift Cards at any time during the year. Order changes must be received by the 25th of the month in order to be effective for the next monthâ€™s order.
Can I still buy Gift Cards after my child graduates from Cherry?
Yes! Besides referring new families to Cherry, the greatest compliment you can give us is to continue to help in our fundraising efforts. You may participate in the Cherry Gift Card program as an alumni family either between the times your children are at Cherry or after they have all graduated. Alumni participants get their Cherry Gift Cards delivered to their homes each month, so all you need to do is sit back and work on your grocery list!
Can my friends or relatives buy Cherry Gift Cards?
Yes! Anyone can order Gift Cards from Cherry Preschool. If friends or family who are not alumni of the school order Gift Cards, they would have to either pick up their order at the school or arrange to have their order distributed to you and then pick it up from you. Cherry Preschool will not mail Gift Cards to anyone and cannot be responsible for Gift Cards mailed by third parties.
What if I lose my gift cards?
Your Cherry Gift Cards are essentially cash, so you need to protect them in the same way you would protect your cash. Take them out of your child’s backpack promptly. Keep them in your wallet or out of sight in a safe place in the house. You can protect yourself further by keeping a record of the serial numbers on your cards. If a card is lost and you have the serial number, the store can deactivate the original card and give you a new card loaded with the balance remaining on the lost card at the time the loss was reported. Unfortunately, there are too many cards for us to keep track of the serial numbers distributed to each customer.
Help us publicize the Cherry Preschool Gift Card Program! Download our flyer and pass it along to your friends, family and co-workers.